Visa & Passport

Everything you need to know about paperwork for travel.


Visas are documents designed to allow people access to other countries. Unlike a passport, visas verify certain reasons why that individual will be staying in the country. It also specifies a certain time frame. It’s a supplement to the passport since both are required at the same time. The visa is usually stapled or attached to the passport and shown at the time of entry into another country.

Most visas have time limits of about six months. People can request that their visa is extended in certain circumstances, but there are usually strict requirements one must meet before getting an extension. Just like passports, travel insurance is recommended in case the paperwork is misplaced.


Image by Agus Dietrich

When traveling between different countries, a passport is required to gain access and cross the country’s borders. The purpose of a passport is to show other nations that you are a legal citizen of your particular nation of origin. For example, if you are American and want to enter the Philippines, you must show customs your passport in the Philippines to prove that you are a U.S. citizen before they will allow you entry.

Most passports contain your photograph, name and birth date, along with your nation of origin and a signature. American passports typically last for ten years, and the expiration date is clearly shown on the inside cover. If you’re traveling somewhere that a passport is required, travel insurance is recommended in the event the passport gets lost or stolen.


Emergency Travel Document

Genesis Travel Network offers Emergency Travel Document assistance for expired Philippine Passports.

Please be advised, we can only serve individuals for the following reasons:

Death in the Family 

Allow 5 business days for the documents to be sent and notarized from the Philippine Consulate.

You must go to one of the Genesis Travel Network locations (Seattle or Lakewood) to complete the proper documents and fulfill the payment.

Price: $300.00 (Cash Only)

What You'll Need

  • Passport

  • One Form of Identification (Drivers License or State ID)

  • Green Card

  • 2″ x 2″ Headshot Photo (4 images total) 
    *Any Bartells or Rite Aid Location offers these photographic services*

  • Proof of Emergency

    • Death in Family: Death Certificate

    • Hospitalization: Letter from Doctor